Sunday 3 March 2013

Witchcraft!

Given that the majority of my project is focused around witchcraft, I decided to create a couple of images based on this idea. The image below was created by first duplicating the original photograph. I altered the contrast on one layer in order to get the very black outline, I then added a green hue to the other layer and changed the opacity level. I then laid each individual word over in order to change the colour of the text according to the different points in the photograph. I feel this is a very effective image and is very bold and eye catching. I think the darkness and the green hue perfectly suggest witchcraft. 
 From this image, I then created the image below. The image which I have layered over the top is St. Briavels castle. I find it very beneficial to explore the landscapes and old buildings within my local area in order to exploit them and make the most of my art project. I feel the image of the castle works very well layered over the witch image, the atmosphere of the castle, which towers very high and looms over the village, is very haunting. I changed the contrast and saturation of the castle image in order to darken it; I feel this works very well over the witch image as it is all very dark and quite ominous. 
The image below was created from an earlier image which I edited, I simply layered some text over the top of it. I feel this image works well though as it is very dark and the dark makeup and wooded area behind suggests witchcraft; many witchcraft movies are based within wooded areas of land. I focused in on this when I created the below image. The position of the text works well as it is directly across the centre of the image. 


No comments:

Post a Comment